||Business Development Consultant – Real Estate
2 Full-time, temporary positions (24 months) – Hamilton, ON
Conversant with all things real estate – from planning, development and financing to negotiations, acquisitions, expropriations and dispositions – and recognized for leading multidisciplinary teams to achieve results, you are prepared to make your mark as a real estate expert at the City of Hamilton as part of the Economic Development Division.
Reporting to the Manager of Real Estate, you will be responsible for the delivery and administration of real estate services, with a particular focus either on securing and disposing of real property rights, or on portfolio management, planning and strategy. In this high-impact role, you’ll be relied upon for research, advice, strategic planning, negotiations, as well as team leadership and/or guidance (internal and external) with respect to City real property assets and interests (fee simple, easement, encroachment, strata, lease, etc.) and activities (appraisals, acquisitions via purchase or expropriation, dispositions, leases or licences, relocations, property management, portfolio management, asset management, environmental audits, and site improvements).
Your qualifications as a Business Development Consultant – Real Estate include:
• Proven excellent knowledge in real estate and development, portfolio management, strategic planning, real estate financing and economic development, and valuation principles and practices normally acquired through the completion of a university degree and training in Urban Planning, Economics, Business or Finance, or another related discipline, or a combination of related education and a minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience.
• Progressive diversified experience in planning for the acquisition, orderly use, and/or disposition of real estate interests, and negotiating transactions pertaining to the transfer of interests in real property, including strategic and capital planning, portfolio management, real estate development, property valuation, understanding legal requirements and drafting agreements, involving a broad range of commercial, residential, industrial, institutional and mixed use properties, as well as experience in dealing with the public.
• Working knowledge of the Ontario Municipal Act, Ontario Planning Act, Land Titles Act, Assessment Act, Environmental Assessment Act, land use, zoning, community impact, environmental controls, building codes and other relevant property management/real estate-related legislation such as the Expropriations Act and the Commercial Tenancies Act.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to deal effectively and collaboratively with elected officials, business and community stakeholders, peers, all levels of management, the media, and the general public.
• Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills to manage, supervise and balance a number of projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
• Extensive project management experience leading multi-disciplinary teams, preferably in the area of real estate and portfolio planning, and demonstrated interpersonal and negotiating skills enabling the effective resolution of issues.
• Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of a variety of effective stakeholder consultation and engagement strategies.
• A high level of skill in research and problem-solving.
• Experience in the field of public administration, an asset.
• Must possess and maintain a Class G driver's licence valid in the Province of Ontario and provide a personal vehicle for use on the job.
These full-time, 24-month positions offers a salary range of $86.517 to $101,186 (2018 Rates) per annum, plus benefits.
Hamilton. A city of progress.
At the City of Hamilton, our vision is “to be the best place to raise a child and age successfully.” With our rich history, culturally strong and diverse communities, blend of urban and rural attractions, and ideal location in the heart of the Golden Horseshoe, Hamilton is a vibrant community of neighbours. We are also a leading employer, with many opportunities to grow and excel. We invite you to share in our vision as part of the Economic Development Division in the Planning & Economic Development Department.
For full details and to apply
If you are interested in working alongside a dedicated team that’s contributing to the well-being of Hamilton’s residents, please visit www.hamilton.ca/careers for details on this Business Development Consultant (Real Estate) position, JOB ID #15460, and to apply online, by Wednesday, July 17, 2019.
The City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
The City of Hamilton values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. We thank all who have applied; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.