2021 Fall Conference
OEA 2021 Fall Conference and AGM
Click here: www.oea.on.ca/fall2021
October 21, 2021
11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (in person)
1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (virtually)
The Fall Conference will take place on the rooftop patio of the beautiful Lavelle restaurant at 627 King Street West. In light of government COVID-19 protocols, only those who show proof they have been fully vaccinated with a Canadian approved vaccine a minimum of 2 weeks prior to October 21, 2021 may attend in person. For those who cannot or do not wish to attend in person, the conference will be live streamed via WebEx.
** Registration for in-person attendance will close on October 7, 2021. The number of in-person attendees will be limited so please register as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Presentations and presenters include:
- S. 25 Offer Requirements: Panel Discussion Conner Harris (Rayman Beichman LLP), Christel Higgs (Mathany & Higgs LLP) and Samuel Linds (Colliers)
- No Land For Schools: Challenges Building Schools in High Density Urban Centres Ian Tilley (gsi Real Estate & Planning Advisors Inc.) and Anita Cook (Manager of Real Estate, Toronto District School Board)
- Environmental Law Update Gatlin Smeijers (Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP)
- The Challenges of Connecting Development to Transit Stations Charles Wheeler (Comtech Group Inc.)
- Case Law Update Jessica Karban (Mathany & Higgs LLP) and Brynn Leger (Rayman Beitchman LLP)
- Annual General Meeting and election of officers for 2021-2022
The cost for in-person attendance is $175 for members and $200 for non-members plus HST. Hors d'oeuvres, lunch and beverages will be served. In the event of a government shut down before the conference, the registration will be refunded. Please provide your menu selection with registration.
Menu choices are required at the time of registration:
- Salmon Misoyaki: Atlantic salmon filet, quinoa tabouleh, arugula, den miso, grilled lemon, shichimi togarashi
- Wagyu "Mac" Burger & Truffle Fries: US Wagyu patty, cheddar cheese, house-made yuzu pickles, toasted black sesame, diced sweet onion, tomato, lettuce, Lavelle secret sauce, served with truffle fries or
- Shitake Truffle Alfredo Agnolotti: Wild mushroom agnolotti, miso shitake cream, truffle oil, parmigiano reggiano, crispy shitake mushrooms, chives (Vegetarian)
Remote Attendance: No cost. A link will be provided.