1 permanent full-time position – Hamilton, ON
If you are a real estate professional with vast appraisal and negotiation skills, join the Economic Development Division and contribute to the sound management of the City of Hamilton real estate portfolio.
Reporting to the Manager of Real Estate & Property Management, you will be responsible for negotiating the acquisition, disposal and lease of high profile, sensitive and/or complex properties in accordance with the City’s Portfolio Management Strategy as well as attending Committee and Council meetings. In addition to negotiating sales, acquisitions and land exchange agreements, you will coordinate Licence and Lease agreements, monitor the Licence/Lease portfolio, and liaise with relevant staff to resolve issues. Requesting and reviewing property appraisals, you will also negotiate Rights of Way, Temporary or Permanent Easements, Permissions to Enter and other terms, and advise relevant client departments on negotiation and project progress.
Your duties as a Property Coordinator will include providing guidance to City departments on real estate policies and procedures, preparing Offers, Options, Tenders, Agreements and Settlements while liaising with the Legal Services Division, and preparing detailed reports, correspondence, real estate/lease data and statistics. You will attend Council and public consultation meetings, and respond to inquiries from the public, lawyers, real estate companies, City department, Provincial agencies, and elected officials. You will also participate in real estate policy development and improvement, and work in accordance with the provisions of applicable Health and Safety legislation and all City of Hamilton corporate and departmental policies and procedures related to Occupational Health and Safety.
Your qualifications as Property Coordinator include:
• Successful completion of a related university degree or community college diploma such as urban and regional planning, economics, law, business administration and/or possess an equivalent combination of considerable related experience and education.
• Membership of, or eligible membership in good standing with the Appraisal Institute of Canada (CRA or AACI) and/or the International Right of Way Association (SRWA), or alternatively completion of the majority of the general and core course requirements and progress towards designations in one of these fields or a combination of education and related work experience.
• Progressive experience in the field of public administration with diversified experience in real estate appraisal, property valuation, acquisition, and management of real estate as well as experience in dealing with the public.
• Progressive diversified experience in real estate appraisal and negotiations pursuant to the Expropriations Act including administration of same.
• Working knowledge of various Provincial statues including the Expropriation Act, Planning Act and the Municipal Act.
• Knowledge of legislation affecting real property and municipal development approvals/processes.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, at a professional level with senior management, consultants, staff from across the organization including elected officials and the public.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to express ideas effectively, orally, in writing and through formal presentations.
• Must possess a Class "G" Driver’s Licence. Proof thereof is required after hire.
• Provision of a vehicle by the individual for use on the job.
This permanent, full-time position offers a salary range of $72,556 - $83,772 per annum.
The applicant will comply with all health and safety policies and procedures for this position and the workplace.
About the City of Hamilton
Contribute to the City of Hamilton, one of Canada’s largest cities – home to a diverse and strong economy, an active and inclusive community, a robust cultural and dining scene, hundreds of kilometres of hiking trails and natural beauty just minutes from the downtown core, and so much more. Join our diverse team of talented and ambitious staff who embody our values of sensational service, courageous change, steadfast integrity, collective ownership and being engaged, empowered employees. Help us #BeTheReason the entire country is talking about Hamilton, and achieve our vision of being the best place to raise a child and age successfully.
For full details and to apply
If you are interested in working alongside a dedicated team that’s contributing to the well-being of Hamilton’s residents, please visit www.hamilton.ca/careers for details on this Property Coordinator position, JOB ID #16618, and to apply online, by Wednesday, October 21 2020.
The City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
The City of Hamilton values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. We thank all who have applied; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.